Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Arizona
Senior Contributor

I'm in a really bad way

I'm in a really bad way. I'm not looking after myself at all. I have been online too much and it has affected my mental health in a negative way. I didn't see it coming. I wish I had paid attention to the signs. I have been in bed all day and I'm not eating or showering or cleaning my teeth. I have been drinking some water but not enough. And I haven't fed my Pug today. I will do that now. I don't understand why I let myself get this bad. I have never been this bad before. I think I must be blaming myself for something. I think I'm being extremely hard on myself like I'm punishing myself. I don't even know how to explain how I feel but I'm a mess. I wish I could be more loving towards myself. I wish I could look after myself. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense and I'm finding it hard to write. I'm not having any suicidal thoughts; I'm just severely depressed. I'm going to feed my Pug now and then I will have a shower. 

I have just realised something. I think I have let myself get like this because I haven't been wanting to face my problems. I think I have been running away from them by going online too much. It has all been too hard to face. I think I'm struggling with the changes in my life and I think I'm afraid of the future. 

21 REPLIES 21

Re: I'm in a really bad way

I called Lifeline but they weren't helpful. I'm so lonely. I don't have anyone to talk to. I'm really at my lowest. 

Okay, I'm going to have a glass of water and feed my Pug, and then I will have a shower. 

I took my Pug for a walk. I could because it's such a warm night.

I opened up the windows and let some fresh air into the house. I have been stuck in here for days.

I'm going to see if I can find something to eat now and then I will have a shower. 

I'm so lonely and sad.

I made a salade niçoise. I didn't have any green beans so I used asparagus. I didn't really like it. I think I'm sick of salade niçoise.

I put a treatment in my hair and had a shower. I might watch one of Ediya's Reiki videos now.

My goals for today are:

Go to the supermarket.

Take my Pug for a walk. 

Feed my Pug.

Do my affirmation in the mirror.

Make chilli beef. 

Make vanilla chai.

Drink water 

Have a shower.

Take my vitamins and antidepressants.

Put the recycling bin out.

Hey @Arizona 

Heart

I just logged in and saw your posts.

Its hard when we are on our own.  The day in day out monotony can really get me down.  You actually do a lot of good self care, and so a day here and there is not that big an issue.  Go easy on yourself.  We cant be perfectionist in "care".  It is a much more organic and human process, of accepting the "warts and all" of our inner and outer lives.

Hope your pug enjoys his walk.  He is lucky to get them.  I have had to use the "essentials" as a guide in life to get my butt moving.  Yep water and for human and dog.

I wondered why you chose Arizona for your new name?

Re time lag in responses, I log on and off at random times, as I need to get off puta more.  Probably same for others.

Take Care 

Apple

Sorry to hear your situation, thanks for sharing. I am in bad situation too, but just got to cope as best I can day by day, no one to look out for me.  Just got to accept my situation.  Regards, Owen.

@Arizona @Owen45 yes day by day we move forward. I feel for your struggle right now, you're doing it tough. So glad you have your faithful pug @Arizona I hope your supermarket shop includes a treat or two for them.. I lost a cat and the survivor is having some behavioural issues, our furbabies pick up on things. And glad you have your piano @Owen45 .

I hope you can breath some light into the afternoon and know that someone cares.

Dimity

Hi @Appleblossom ❤

Yes it is hard being on your own. I talk to myself all day like I have Alzheimer's. I'm  lucky to have my Pug with me. He has just joined me for a cuddle. 

Yes I agree: doing the basic essentials like going to the supermarket, showering, and walking my Pug makes a difference to my wellbeing.

I'm trying to limit my time online too.

I did my affirmation in the mirror. 

I went to the supermarket.

I bought my favourite organic chocolate.

I fed my Pug. 

I made a cream cheese dip with onion and chives.

I made vanilla chai.

I put on a load of washing and hung it out.

I've been drinking water.

I took my vitamins.

"I love and accept myself exactly as I am."

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance