Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Lack of motivation

hey folks,

I am struggling to find motivation and energy to exercise regularly.

I feel so sedated. Emotionally I feel flat. 

Must find a way, cos I am doing everything else right, such as proper diet and sleep.

I will probably have to go see GP soon, if theres any suggestions which might help.

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Lack of motivation

im the same @Former-Member

its really hard to do things

do you sedated because of meds

Former-Member
Not applicable

yes sedated, due to higher dose of medication.

@Former-Member - there is a walking group thread on this forum. I'll ask @Former-Member if she knows where it is and how to tag you into it. It's a support group for people who walk all the time - & for those like me - where it's once in a blue moon. And it's like having your own cheer squad behind you.

@soul - can you point @Former-Member to your walking thread.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks...

I been getting chest pains lately and feeling like I am about to pass out. I am gonna visit GP tomorrow for few tests. Hopefully its nothing. I will ask my support group if they can arrange for walking group, I think that will help. Thanks for nudging me in the right direction. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

GP said its anxiety and the only way to overcome that is through exercise and keeping myself busy. I am writing here incase it helps anyone.

thanks for letting know @Former-Member

hope your doing ok now

Hey @Former-Member,

I feel like regularly exercising is the same as practicing a new skill - the more often you do it the better you actually become and the normalised it becomes as a pattern. If you can just force yourself to go twice a week for a few, then three, then maybe four. Even if you don't do it for a long time. Just the act of pushing your fatigue and malaise aside will benefit you in the long run. 

Habits are hard to form but easy to maintain in my experience and the benefits you can attain will probably massively carry over to ending your lack of motivation. Go slowly and patiently.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks, thats helpful.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance