Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Beautiful photo @Faith-and-Hope The kids have settled back into school fine. I am glad they are back!!

Hoping you are having a good day Heart

Busy day @Snowie , which is good for me.  We went on an excursion, and ow I am heading back to uni for a studio class. Just stopping in to say hi to you ..... 🌷💕

Had DBT group today and then individual session.

The DBT group went well. We started talking about ABC PLEASE.

The individual sessions were going well until a bombshell happened.

Due to funding cuts they are stopping the individual sessions. So I have 2 sessions left and then they stop. Just when I am trusting someone and feeling comfortable with them, I have to stop seeing them now. I wonder if there is any point in keeping the last 2 sessions with them. They are also reducing the program from 12 months to 6 months and sqeezing more content into our days.

It seems that when things seem to be going okish, something comes along and changes that. I am not good at change and it makes me really anxious. 

I know it is not my counsellors fault, these decisions come from further up, but it is dissapointing that the bottom dollar comes before our mental health. Especially since I choose to do DBT through this centre because they did group and individual sessions and it ran over a 12 month period. I could have gone with a different centre but choose this one because of the way it was structured, and now they go and change it on us. Why couldn't they have made the chnages at the start and not 14 weeks into it. If I had known this was going to happen I would have done it someplace else.

It just seems like another person letting me down. I am so upset with the powers to be. I am upset that our mental health is not important enough.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

@Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 @CheerBear @outlander @Sans911 @Shaz51 and anyone else that reads this.

Dammit @Snowie - I totally understand hun as something similar happened with my dbt too. Although I never got any individual sessions as they stopped just before I started. I would say use the last two individual sessions. It will help to put closure on them. Hearing & understanding how dissapointed you are. But dbt is worth it. And sometimes you actually get more out of it when it's finished and you have time to review and further practice your skills.

sooo happy you included me my friend @Snowie , sending you all my hugs xoxo

Thanks @Shaz51 

I have commited to doing the program @Sans911 so am not going to quit. I do still think I will get something out of the program, just maybe not as much as I thought I would.

Just angers and saddens me that it always comes back to money Smiley Sad being more important then our mental health.

That is so disappointing @Snowie I often found the individual sessions more valuable that the DBT sessions - and especially good to help with anything that come up in the DBT session that could not be talked about there - so I can really understand your disappointment and frustration Hon Smiley Sad

I agree with @Sans911 that finishing off the remaining two sessions could be good - utilise what you have while you have it. It is going to be harder to fit so much into half the time - I can see that that may be draining as much as constructive but anything you can take away from it is a positive. The content can feel overwhelming at the best of times but a lot of it you already do - it is just putting a name to some of it and working through smaller parts week by week. You have Sans911 and I here to bounce things off too - so call out if you need to de-brief, work things out or just vent - only too happy to do that for you Heart

Thanks @Zoe7 Heart

Hugs from me too @Snowie  ..... 💜❄️

So lonely in my mind tonight.  I feel numb and keep dissiociating. Then I SH. 

There is now one who understands fully. I am meant to go out tomorrow but hoping that day never comes. Maybe it is for the best.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance