Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bradley
New Contributor

Not doing to good

Hi, I have been going through a rough 6 months. It all started when I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. They gave me medication with no direction on when to take it and what to expect. After the 2nd dose I was in super panic mode. I had a third dose and that was it, I was out. I stopped cold turkey and OMG that was the worst week. I went to my GP and they gave me another medication. I was on it for 4 weeks and the whole time I was wired. I was convinced at this point the medication was doing more harm and made me 10x worse does I decided to come off it. Once again I responded badly coming off it and was super adgitated and super depressed. By this point I was suicidal and have not slept more then 2 hours every night for 2 months. I then went to a clinic and was diagnosed with adgitated depression. I started a 3rd medication and I am now 10weeks in it and I have started to go downhill again. I am looking at another inpatient facility. Has anyone had a similar experience as my head feels like it's going to explode with all this pressure. I keep getting told the head pressure and sinus pressure is my anxiety? Could this also be true ?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Not doing to good

Hi @Bradley . Welcome to the forums.

You say you were given your first medication without any direction on how to use it. Did you recieve any directions on how to use the other meds you were perscribed later on? If not, then you really need to get yourself a new doctor ASAP, who can reevaluate your medication regiment and properly advise you on how to properly use whatever meds they think you should be on.

Giving a patient meds without any instructions on how to use them is wrong on so many levels.

Re: Not doing to good

Hi thanks, yes I have changed from a GP now to a psychiatrist who has more an idea. But it looks like I’ll be making another change after being on this medication for 10 weeks now and the side effects are horrible.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance