Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

PLEASE PLEASE help me i am very scared!

I am in an absolute panic right now and i have been trying to calm down all day i saw my psychiatrist and he said i didnt have many good opptions left as far as meds go and now i am very scared because he said my next options were likely TMS or ECT and i am SOOOOOOO scared of ECT but TMS isnt avaliavbe where i live so i would have to go interstate and i am freaking out it is making me so stressed and i want to cry and it is even making me feel like suicide is a good option because i would rather be gone than have ECT and yes i have done my research on it. I AM NOT COPING!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: PLEASE PLEASE help me i am very scared!

Hi @Eden1919,

I am so sorry that things are so distressing at the moment. 😞 It is scary to have limited treatment options; whilst feelings pressured to undergo ETC - especially, when you are not in the comfortability of your home as well!

I just wanted to let you know that I have sent you a check-in email.

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

@Eden1919.
It does sound very distressing.
I've not had ECT or TMS, but I've been in hospital with those who have and have listened as most of them talk of how it has helped them.
Having to go interstate to have TMS is a pity. It may cause anxiety just thinking about it. But TMS does help a lot of people. And as far as I have heard, it is painless, with no apparent side effects. And to me, I'd prefer to try TMS before ECT.
You do not need to decide straight away. Think about it. Write down a pros and cons list.
I'm glad you have already started researching these therapies.
I wish you all the best with your decision.

HI @Eden1919

take your time to make a decision and discuss your options again with your doctor. ECT is also on my list for future options. I think I would ask my doctor for more information on the treatment, on outcomes and possible side effects and perhaps on ways to prepare and go through the treatment. I wouldn't research this treatment online. In hospital I have heard some negative opinions from patients that were treated, but I do take that with a large pinch of salt, as the patients where it has worked are not returning to hospital.

I would choose ECT over TMS as I trust my doctor and I know the clinic.

Good luck!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance