Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Really wobbly

Hi there @frog I know things have tough for you but I really admire your strength, perseverance and resilience that you have shown not only me but the whole Sane forum community over the year. 

2020 was basically a write off with the whole coronavirus thing and being locked down several times in Melbourne. I can't believe I had to line up to go shopping for food at 6am and show my healthcare card to gain entry to the supermarket for early shopping. People arguing over toilet paper was ridiculous considering the virus doesn't give you diarrhoea and the whole curfew thing in Melbourne was hard yet funny as I don't know of any virus that knows how to tell time!
I learnt that I could shop online and I really enjoyed not going to the shopping centres as I don't see the enjoyment in shopping or even window shopping anymore. It's weird. I did miss not going to the library to relax or just read bir study despite studying uni online at my sisters house during the 2nd lockdown. That did help get me through some of the troubles of lockdown as it gave me a focus point away from the news of the virus. 
Seeing the bushfires at the start of the year on TV was scary especially the red skies at Mallacoota and having the navy help out was really bad. I can't believe people are still dealing with that on top of the virus.

Thanks for tagging me in your post! Please keep tagging me.

Take care and keep continuing to hop along!

Judi9877☺️💐🐸

You're amazing @Judi9877 , I can see so many similarities between you and myself.

Hi @frog, good to be chatting again after some time. Thanks for tagging me in.

Haven't seen the thread you mentioned but love the title. '2020 is done and dusted all my troubles are over'. I too was hoping for better from the start of this year. I've been struggling extra hard with health problems, awaiting NDIS assessment which I am ambivalent about and get angry at a drop of a hat with it. Feels like Centrelink II.

Focusing on what goes right seems a good way to life the spirits. Since the start of 2020 I have been using a fantastic app called 'Presently', free with no ads. It prompts you everday to say something you are grateful for. Some of my entries are one word, up to maybe three paragraphs. It's not like it fixes you or even arouses much feeling at all with each single entry, sometimes it does. The benefit is that after a year I realise my blessings small and large are possibly endless. That is one thing I generally feel good about.

Aside from that, I agree with @Appleblossom that being realistic about the pandemic is the best way to go. It's still early days with the vaccines in a way. Still so many unknowables about the future. Trying to be philosophical in a big way may be helping me, and enjoying the times when I do feel pretty good. We are living a big moment in future history.

Hi @Judi9877 the Mallacoota images remain in my mind strongly.

@Appleblossom 

sending love @frog Heart

Sending warm wishes @frog   

Thank you @eth and @outlander it means a lot Heart

Hey friends, thanks to everyone who's tagged me lately. I always forget someone, but you know who you are. I'm very drained and tired due to lots of trouble on lots of fronts, so sometimes I'm not around. Regardless, I always come back here because I feel like you have my back.

Thank you For always having my back - Praising Squirrel | Meme Generator

@Shaz51 @Mazarita @outlander @eth @BPDSurvivor @Judi9877 @MDT @Clawde @ButterflyWings @roses @Anastasia @Snowie @Adge @TAB @Former-Member @greenpea @Teej @Faith-and-Hope @Appleblossom @Meowmy @CheerBear @Zoe7  ...

heyyyy my @frog HeartHeart

@frog hey sweetie,take care.May all good things be with you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance