Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Really wobbly

Content/trigger warning
Content/trigger warning

Tired but okish my @frog  xxxx

How was your day

Very hot up here , we suppose to have a storm tonight but nothing yet 

How is your family xx xxxxxx

Hi @Shaz51 Why/ How come is there a "Content Trigger Warning" on your post (in this thread)?

I've never seen one of those before - plus there is nothing Triggering in your post, that would warrant a Trigger Warning.

Adge

@Adge  not meant to be there my friend xoxo 

Hi @Shaz51 can relate - tired, hot.

Hoping for rain, but not hail/damage!

Family? All over the shop is the best description I can come up with.

Am relieved school is back for that one - needs structure.

You are such a forum stalwart Shaz51. Honestly, the number of times you've been there at exactly the right time for me is legion!

Hey @Adge hope you're ok.

No I'm not @frog Thanks for asking.

Overwhelmed, nothing is working or going right.

A hell of a day.

Adge

I'm sorry @Adge that sounds awful Smiley Sad

@frog 

Heart

Thank you @Appleblossom 

Heartback at you!

Hey friends and newcomers,

I'm having a 'bit too much happening' kind of time. Was in a job I liked and now have to go back to another one that is stressful - restructuring, have to reapply etc. Family stuff, which is pretty much perpetual, physcial health bother etc.etc etc.Then there's the news! Anyone else have a case of overwhelmed right now?

I'm kinda back where this thread started which is to focus on grounding and self care. That never goes away, just ebbs and flows. 

I'm patting my dog, pottering in the garden, still meditating (which is huge for me), walks when I can... 

I would love to hear if anyone has any quick circuit breakers they use when anxious/overwhelmed and can't really retreat (e.g. at work, in public) 

@Appleblossom @Shaz51 @outlander @TAB @Adge @Valentine @Former-Member @eth @Ant7 @utopia @greenpea @MDT @Teej @CheerBear @Mazarita @BlueBay @Jezabell89 @Faith-and-Hope @Sans911 @Snowie @Zoe7 @Former-Member @Wanderer @Queenie ...

Image result for self care quick

@frog  sorry to hear you are feeling overwhelmed at this time.  For me taking some deep slow breaths is sometimes all I can do, but I'll go to a quiet place when I can - usually just retreat in my cabin but also get to the beach when I can.  The wind and salt air and watching the waves is soothing and really clears my mind.  Sometimes do adult colouring books or some writing or often just coming on here is helpful.  I like cooking to share with others too, which I do at least once a week.  The other thing that really keeps me grounded and helps with physical and mental health is doing tai chi in a heated pool twice a week when possible.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance