Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Scared and alone

Not really. I use to deal with all this in bad ways like drinking and going for crazy long drives and self harming but I am trying to avoid those things. My past is haunting me and I can't seem to get those images out of my head. I am scared to sleep most of the time because I have nightmares and flashbacks. I am just tired of life and being like this. 

What I have found that has helped me is to start taking action, I may not feel like it but I know it does reduce my anxiety. I am here to listen if that will help. There is help out there and I would encourgae you to seek help for yourself. Is there something that you would like to talk about that will distract from those negative images- something that will lift your spirits and make you smile. Focus on the things you're good at and things that make you smile. Hold onto the memories that give you strength and comfort. We are here for you @Lee82 

I have two children and I feel like I am failing them dramatically. They are the only reason I am here. They are the only reason I need help so I can be there for them like I am suppose to. They make me laugh and smile. They give me the best hugs and they make me so proud. I love them so much. 

Hey @Lee82 i need to log off due to the time, i hope youll find something that's helpful tonight 😊😘

Goodnight also @oceangirl 😴🌷

Thank you @outlander 

@Lee82I hope you can get the help & support you need. I don't have children but I did grow up with a mum with a mental illness. You can make amends to your kids, and that will help them too. You also need to do this for you too. I hope this makes sense. There are treatment options for you. How are you feeling?

Night @outlander 

My heart rate has slowed down a lot. Still feel a little anxious though. Thoughts are still strong.
Thank you so much for all your support. It has been a big help. 

Can I ask @oceangirl what is keeping you up so late? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance