Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Exercise as Therapy // Tues. 19 June 7pm AEST

My partner has just started getting me into golf, with the hope of playing at least once a month... i used to play tennis once a week also and now that i think about it i wouldnt mind taking that up again, i will just have to travel to play in a different town though that is the only issue.  on the days that im down i like to spend that time doing things alone most of the time, that when the ear phones get a big workout! i try to spend one  hour every 2nd day doing some sort of exercise , but that doesnt always go to plan... 

I would rather practice yoga in a group but most exercises I prefer to do alone or actually with one of my dogs if it is walking or jogging a little bit.  How could I fit exercise into my daily routine more?  Probably just by taking a first step and maybe too by getting a membership at a gym since they're so inexpensive here.  

That sonds great! @PatchouliRose@melq83@BlueBay. There are so many different benefits to exercise and lots of different ways to get involved at a level that's right for you. I love the idea of golfing too. In a strange way, sometimes that bit of travel can make it feel a bit more special and more enjoyable too.

Things to keep in mind

• Warm up, stretch, and cool down before exercising
  • Avoid exercising with an injury
  • Drink plenty of water
  • Wear appropriate clothing

dsfsdfss.png

As tonight’s Topic Tuesday comes to a close, I wondered whether each of you might be able to share one or two key things you’ll take with you from our discussion tonight?

The knowledge that motivation starts after you start the activity.  Which I think could be applied to all areas of life.  Also I don't think that I really knew that before until looking back and seeing that taking the first step was the hardest part.

Thank you @Margot!

Yes @PatchouliRose

That's a brilliant one.

If I could act on that one more (motivation comes after starting) -

Then I wouldn't stay feeling stuck & stagnant, whilst waiting (& waiting) to suddenly feel motivated....

Adge

@Margot

Im going to start slow snd wtite s plan. Easy slow steps for a better healthier life which will hopefully improve my mental health. 

Thsnks @Margot for s great topic tonight. Really enjoyed. Thsnks everyone. 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance