Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday //The pet effect: animals are good for our wellbeing! // Tues 18 Feb, 7pm AEDT

Sorry Im late ..

Im here tonight with my little buddy Holly by my side. @Lauz  She is a mini foxie x chihuahua.

Ive had animals in my life for as long as I can remember. Being a farm girl we grew up wirh ... calves, lambs, horses, cats, guinnea pigs, rabbits, lizards, budgies, goldfish. foxes, joeys, etc. But ALWAYS a dog.

Holly is my everything.

Hi @BlueBay @outlander @CheerBear @Shaz51 

Sherry

Re: Topic Tuesday //The pet effect: animals are good for our wellbeing! // Tues 18 Feb, 7pm AEDT

Mm positive impacts atm arent happening so much but previously they brought alot of joy and conpanionship when things were really tough @Lauz

I felt that feeling of being missed by my creatures when I was away too @BlueBay. It's a lovely feeling 😊

How beautiful with your lab soldiering on @frog

Hi @Adge so great to have you here and I'm so sorry you didn't get the reminder notification. Also sorry to hear what a tough day its been but hopefully sharing in this discussion around animals and pets we are passionate about helps shift your day!

Wow! Thats a lot of birds and I love that the cat feels she rules the roost. Having something like a love and deep interest in birds- sounds like that can have a really positive impact and even just from the plenty of learning involved in knowing all those species 

Hi. Just got home and arrived

Hi and welcome @Former-Member and Holly!! 

Ooo there are some great positive impacts being shared here tonight. The aspect of caring for your pet or animal seems to be a common one. How do people feel when they are in charge of another being in this way? For me it does help with a sense of purpose and trust which I feel is good for wellbeing, would others agree?

Other great ones coming through are: the comfort they bring, protective feelings, entertaining. Communication is another good one - sometimes having an animal around ot just talk to without judgement is theraputic! Whether at home or on a walk for instance!

Hi @Adge I had the same issue with the notification. Glad you made your way here anyway after what sounds like a very hard day. Hi @Former-Member good to see you too.

Hi @cutiepiekitty and welcome!

Hi @cutiepiekitty 🙂 Do you have an animal (or two or more) in mind tonight?

Definitely agree with the communication aspect of owning a pet @Lauz. Animals never judge and always keep secrets!

Hi everyone, 

I have had birds, dogs, mice, goats and cats. 
Dogs were probably my favourite but I now have a cat who has captured my heart big time 😻

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance