Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

KeepinMyMarbles
Casual Contributor

New to forum

Hi there, I'm new here and just firstly want to introduce myself. I'm a regular Jo really.. Well, maybe with a few kooky features. But I'm 37, live at the beach in a small 2 bedroom unit. I love animals and to sing. I also suffer from schizoaffective disorder depressive symptoms, panic disorder and slightly agoraphobic. 

I'm on here because i kinda feeling like I'm fighting a constant uphill battle and despite all the effort and energy I put into my recovery, I can't seem to make any improvement. 

I do try to keep positive and hopeful.

Is there any suggestions on how to keep pushing yourself when you feel like giving up? Also does anyone else feel like this?

Thanks very much for reading Smiley Happy

11 REPLIES 11

Re: New to forum

Hi There Friend  Id like To say that I love the Ocean and Music I sometimes sing infact Some people say Im a good singer although I can sometimes find that hard to believe but I also need to say that I related very much to what your saying about giving up Ive definetly been finding life in general a bit harder than usual or maybe a bit more lonely theres been alot going on with my thoughts ect Im still trying to work out where Im at at the momment emotionally but I find at the momment all I can do at present is take one day at a time ,please remember that people do care about you,its hard taking one day at a time but thats all I can do at the momment,maybe just find one thing thats positive that you can acheive,one step at a time,maybe focus on writting songs about how you feel I know that lately music has helped me 

Hey there @KeepinMyMarbles  welcome to the forums. It's lovely to meet you

make yourself at home.... take a wander thru the forums... read, comment, support .  It's a great place with lots of great people.

many of us can relate to that constant battle of good and evil... the stigma to be happy.... there is nothing wrong with having the occasional down.. as long as you don't set up camp and stay there.... think positive... and take each day as it comes

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Hey @KeepinMyMarbles and welcome Smiley Very Happy I'm one of the moderators, we're here to help support and ensure our community is a safe place for everyone. If you haven't already, it's a good idea to have a read of the community guidelines

You're not alone in these feelings, and I'm sure you'll find many forum members who know what it's like to be where you are. Feel free to have a look around and participate in other threads too, and of course let us know if you've got any questions or in need of extra support. Heart

AEB
Senior Contributor

@KeepinMyMarbles  Welcome to the forums. I wish I lived closer to the beach! 

Im sure at some point in time we have all felt the uphill battle is going to get the better of us...but you have to keep pushing forward. It may not seem like it but at one point or another something has to give and things will seem brighter. You just have to take things as they come and keep putting one foot in front of the other. You are strong! You’ve got this! There are lots of threads on here to give a read and the people here are very welcoming, understanding and caring. So again welcome to this beautiful community of beautiful souls. 

Hi KeepinMyMarbles,

It sounds like you live in a lovely environment by the beach, which would give some tranquility. I find setting myself small achievable goals helps me through the day. As one of the earlier contributors said taking things one day at a time is good, if that is too much to bare you can always break that down to one hour at a time. Take time out and just enjoy the beach. Take care.

Hi lost Angel.. thank you so much for your caring reply. I found your support and advice very helpful and was much needed, so thank you again. 

I hope things are improving for you in regards to feeling like giving up? I'm slowly feeling a little more hopeful each day, and your advice to just take small steps and one day at a time makes me feel like i can manage. You really helped me get through this funk I've been in. I really appreciate it. 

I also find music therapeutic. Is music still helping You? I think its great you can sing well. I love singing too. I've got a big soul voice and it's a bit unpolished and rough around the edges, but the main thing is to use your voice to express yourself when you need to. It's a good outlet, don't you think?

Stay beautiful. Thanks so much again for your reaching out. Here if you want a chat.

Ps sorry for the late reply. I am slow lol

Hi lost and alone..
Thanks very much for your warm welcome and cheers for your support and kind words. 🙂

Hi Jynx
Thanks heaps for your caring support and heads up about the forum. Much appreciated 🙂

AEB, thank you kindly for your words of wisdom and your support. It's great to be amongst such a wonderful community and look forward to getting to know the beautiful souls you speak of 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance