Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Former-Member
Not applicable

Tired and lonely

Hi everyone. New here. I suffer from Schizoaffective disorder, am medicated, have had therapy, done the ect route, etc. I have two wonderful teenagers, one with ASD and a wonderful husband. I just get so tired and lonely…

31 REPLIES 31

Re: Tired and lonely

Hey @Former-Member welcome to the forums. Hope you find it a warm and welcoming space. Thanks for sharing a bit about what's going on for you at the moment, it sounds like whilst you do have family around you and have explored some options for therapy, you're still feeling really isolated in your experiences. I hope you can find some connection and solidarity with the lovely folks here. Feel free to jump onto some other threads to start chatting, and you are welcome to share as much or as little of your story with us as you feel comfortable. 

Just a quick tip, if you want other members to be notified if you respond to them, type the @ symbol and a drop down menu will pop up, allowing you to select their name, which will appear in blue. You can find some more Tips & Tricks here 😊

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you! I’m so new to this forum thing, I’ll get the hang of it one of these days @Jynx 

Hey @Former-Member ,

I also want to extend my welcome to you today. Good on your for making the effort to reach out.

I hear how lonely it can be. I'm happy to hear you have the support of family around you.

There's someone online here 24/7. Feel free to chat to us, and tag us into your posts by typing "@" at the beginning of our usernames e.g. @tyme - that way, we will never miss your posts 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you so much @Thyme It took a lot of courage to get to this space…..

You deserve all the support you can get @Former-Member 

Hi @Former-Member 

Good on you for reaching out.

I too am tired and lonely.

I have ptsd, anxiety, depression and am medicated too.

Also a single parent to 2 teenagers with aspies...

I don't know what schizoaffective means, but believe you will find a supportive bunch of thoughtful people here at the Forums.

Hope you are encouraged tonight...

Welcome 🙏 

Welcome @Former-Member !

These forums are a safe place for you to chat with others about whatever you would like to, whether that is any difficulties you are facing or a movie you have seen that you have very strong thoughts on!

We are so glad you are here 🤗

VVD

Hi I just wonder what makes you feel so tired and lonely?

I have schizoaffective too. My tired and lonely comes from heavy medication making me unmotivated at times and I am geographically isolated too. I have the love of family but as they get older I am finding more time to myself and don't know what to do with it as being needed is what keeps me feeling important. Without being ran off my feet by the ones I would do anything for I find that I am lonely. I have no friends in the local community as they have turned their back on me after seeing me unwell. Even if I sucked up the damage has been done and their memory is already embedded of me being unwell.

Counteracting my loneliness I pay people to come see me and talk to me and take me out through NDIS. Beats having total loneliness and some I even bond with. As for the tiredness I had to accept my body rythem is definitely different to others and not be hard on myself for overnight awakes and day sleeps, even if not personally wanted. After all the healing process is enduring.

Hoping this piece of my journey helps.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello, thank you for your reply. Schizoaffective the way I experience it is a combination of a mood disorder like depression, bipolar and to add to the mix, schizophrenia. It has really been difficult to treat my disorder, tried countless medications, I’m on a mix right now that I hope will see me through a couple of months, then it’s back to the drawing board again, if not sooner, and meds tweaked again. It really is exhausting. I wake up tired, go to bed tired. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance