Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

thZ0VQLJ5P.jpgjust leaving this here for you @Sans911

Good morning @outlander

Aww, thank you. So sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I got so busy I didn't have a chance.

I had a few people come by in the morning to buy some of my furniture.

Then my shift at the op shop was so busy. We were one person short which makes a lot of difference. Not only do we serve customers, we also haveto sort, hang, price and put clothes up for sale. We get LOTS of donations, and not all are suitable to be sold. In between all that is keeping the shop tidy and picking up stuff that's fallen of hangers.

So I came home last night completely exhausted. I had a very quick meal & went to bed.

Still very tired this morning. Going out in a couple of hours to learn a bit about photography, but might go back to sleep for a bit yet.

How are you doing?

sounds like yesterday was really busy but a good sort of busy @Sans911

i did catch some news on other threads to and your one with the homeless man was really nice. its good to hear those sorts of stories.

Im sorry you couldnt find your camera either, maybe another day or during your move youll find it and then be able to fo another photography lesson.

hoping the weather has changed and its not so hot now!.

hugs Heart

I was getting worried about you lil Sis @outlander after not seeing you all day!

I was really looking forward to the photography lesson. I sure hope I find my camera.

There's a nice cooling breeze outside but inside is taking longer to cool. I've not had dinner yet as it's too uncomfortable to cook. Not sure if I'll bother.

How are you doing tonight lil Sis? Same, better, worse?

i hope you find your camera too sis @Sans911 photography can be quite therapeutic. mum use to have a really good camera that i would use, i cant find that one either.

Your house sounds like ours. easy to heat up but so hard to cool down!. a sandwhich for dinner usually works well on hot nights......

how are you today? @Sans911 how has your day been?

hi also @Zoe7 @Snowie @Teej @CheerBear and all passing through

Hi lil Sis @outlander, I'm OK. Been at a support group this afternoon.

How is your foot today? Did you get the results of the tests?

hi sis
how was your support group? was it any cooler today? @Sans911

I got both the scans back and went and seen the dr and he said hmm it looks a little weird but he says no fractures. i can still barely walk or move it and am on pain killers for both pain and swelling. Im guessing its just brusied deeper down even though theres no bruising on the skin. im not sure what he meant by 'hmm looks a little weird' though. hopefully itll start getting better within the coming days.

Support group was good @outlander.

Perhaps you have a small chop in your foot that's fractured. It might not be complete hence why the Dr thought it was weird. They can be just as painful as an actual fracture and they can't really be cast either. You could have some moderate bruising and tendon damage that's not visible. Try to elevate your foot as high as you can when sitting or laying down as it will help with the swelling.

hmm im not sure he didnt meantion anything like that just said hmm looks weird but theres no fracture just take pain killers and ice it if you can. i cant see anything on the xrays either but the angles they took it made my foot look like some sort of alien- weird humans we are.
you can have tendon damage with a crush injury?? and brusing with no discolouration of the skin?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance