Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Thank you so much @Former-Member ...,. I love my forum family, and this is somewhere I feel appreciated and that my support is welcomed, when there have been so many others close to me who don't feel that way about me ..... it's gorgeous folk like you who help to lift my spirits.

The day wasn't stressful today - even yesterday when all the art studio stuff arrived back here, because I have done so much sorting out, there were places to put most of it immediately away, and spots waiting for bits and pieces, like chairs that were missing from my studio work table that are now in place ..... but I feel like I have been going non-stop all day without knowing where all my effort has gone ..... to seems to have gone into lots of little stuff .... like some hand washing I did, and cleaning the stovetop, things like that.  

It feels later than it is.

I hope @Zoe7 is resting too ..... it has been a couple of very long weeks for her, following on from very busy holiday days, but wow, she has gotten so much done !!

As I said on the other thread, I am just so glad to see you back.

🌹💕

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @Faith-and-Hope ... I am very happy to be back. My forum family is very important to me, and I never wanted to go away in the first place.  It was not my choice, more a necessity.  Really really pleased you are staying on as a CG too ... I had worried about you possibly moving on, with so much happening and all. But like many, I think the role helps to sustain you in a way.  Anyway, I'm relieved to see all the existing CGs staying on.

How is Nelly?  My Quinn continues to visit almost every day, although a couple of odd days when it was raining, I did not see him. Its possible though that he was curled up somewhere out of the rain, and I simply didnt see him. 

Sherry 🐈🐶

I had to trim Nelly's claws yesterday @Former-Member @COD she was getting herself stuck in everything - doona cover, clothing, cushions .... but she is still flighty so it was a drama, including her escaping to hide in the cabinet under the bathroom sink !!!   Didn't even know there was a cavity there, but she found it at lightning speed .....

D3 was helping me, but we only managed one paw before we had to give it away until the other end of the day.

I don't know whether by then she had worked out that we weren't harming her, but the second front paw got done much more easily, and hopefully that will do for now.

I hope you sleep well tonight Hon ..... and I hope @Zoe7 is asleep now.  She has been running on empty, and I hope the day at home has helped her recoup a little.  I get a bit concerned about our favourite butterfly, but as you said, the CG role is helping to sustain me, and throwing herself into her work helps to sustain @Zoe7  ....... ❤️🦋

Former-Member
Not applicable

images (76).jpeg

Morning @Former-Member ..... that's a lovely morning coffee image.🙂👍

Looking for you @Zoe7 .... 🦋💕

I had a giant sleep in this morning, and still haven't got myself up and going, although there is a cat that has made herself very comfortable in a croissant shape in the middle of my sleeping space, so as I am needing to stretch around her I am gradually falling off the bed .....

Havent seen or heard D2 yet, so I think she has started sleeping in too.  I am finding that I am settling into projects late at night and working into the wee hours.  Will have to straighten that up a bit during the mid-year brews methinks.

I have given myself a slow-down for the weekend, and I am adding in some personal projects to the list of assignment work and art projects for uni.  I am embellishing a dressing gown.  It was a cast-off from you-know-who, but I really like it, so I am making it really girly and arty and mine ❣️ ..... over-writing it's former identity.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Faith-and-Hope .... I hope I am way off target here ... but I am very concerned about @Zoe7 s post last night.  I read it last night just after Zoe posted it .. its a beautiful post to you, as always.  But there seems to be some underlying deep sadness there.  But I dismissed it because you didnt seem to think anything was amiss in your response to it,and you know Zoe better than anyone.  But I have read it again this morning, and I'm really concerned that it seems kind of 'final'?  Have @Former-Member  done a check in perhaps?  Tell me I'm stupid, but I am becoming more concerned, the longer it take for Zoe to appear.  I hope she is just resting and taking time out for herself.  But I just fear there is more to it than that.  Sending love and hugs your way @Zoe7 .  Please take care, I care about you a lot.

Sherry 💔😔

I picked up that potential tone to @Zoe7 'a post @Former-Member, but it is one of those occasions when things can appear to be a way they are not ..... and aside from how difficult things have been for @Zoe7, she has been making her way forward with them and around the intense difficulties, so I am choosing to take it on face value, and that her message was in relation to my mother, whom @Zoe7 knows I was very close to and still miss very much.  I had posted that I had finally worked out a highly significant way to honour my Mum through an artwork, which I know @Zoe7 appreciates and will rejoice in with me ....

@Zoe7 tends to be absent from the forums on weekends, and that has been her practice for some time, so it's special when she does pop up here on a Saturday or Sunday 🤗💕

Listening to her work colleagues have a vent is one of the beautiful things @Zoe7 is known for, but as you found too, when there are moments of discord on the forums that coincide with irl discord, it can be very wearing ..... and with the lack of adequate sleep in recent weeks, I am guessing a big rest is in order for our girl @Zoe7 this weekend.

sending you lots of tender hugs my sister @Zoe7 Heart

heart-png-butterfly-6.png

hello @Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member , @Former-Member Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Okay @Faith-and-Hope ... I expect you're right. I'm sorry to bother you with that. 

Im sorry about your Mum too, how much you still miss her. I miss mine so much too. She was such a strong woman, in a tiny package. Did I miss an artworks that you posted in honour of your Mum? If so, please direct me to it.💗

@Shaz51 How are you feeling today? 😀

Sherry

It's no bother at all @Former-Member.  Posting your concern for @Zoe7 was a loving thing to do.

I didn't post the artwork itself as it will be too identifying, but I have taken something special that was hers and constructed an artwork from it.

Yes, I think you don't stop missing someone as special as my Mum was, but you get used to missing them I think .... if that makes sense.  There are other people who have touched my life in significant ways that I feel that about, even though we have lost touch.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance