Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not coping with severe depression

Hi Jayneinpain, it was lovely to hear from you again. I completely agree with the view you expressed regarding fully understanding depression, which is what prompted me to visit this forum in the first instance. I like you wish I had someone special in my life. I'm encouraged to hear that you haven't lost hope and firmly believe you really have a lot to offer. I'm quite new to this forum as well and am uncertain about the rules regarding sharing email addresses. Would someone be kind enough to tell me if it's permitted? I would like to continue correspondence with you and I'm definitely not deterred by the slight age gap.

Hi @Leventia. It's so great to hear you have found meaningful connections through the forums! Unfortunately, as the forums are anonymous, sharing email addresses would be a breach of our community guidelines (you can read about the guidelines here). I hope this doesn't deter you from maintaining connections through the forums Smiley Happy

Your reply could not have come at a more opportune time. I have just had a very dismissive response via text from my mental health social worker and it stuck me a hard blow. i was looking online for help when your message popped up. Obviously, we were meant to meet today.

I will write a few questions and you can answer whichever you like, or none. I am happy to answer questions. As far as i can imagine, there is only one question i won't answer and that is my weight. Otherwise, I'm happy to share my open book.

I thought that was the case but did i see that there was a more private page option? I don't mind moderators overseeing what i write but i worry that some may find it too confronting?

Thank you Jupiter for letting me know. I definitely didn't want to breach any rules which is why I asked first. I respect the rules which are in place as I'm sure they are in place for a reason. It doesn't deter me from accessing the forums as I have already found them to be beneficial and helpful. Thank you kindly.

Good to hear, @Leventia. Also, just for your information, if you type the @ symbol before mentioning another forum member, you can select their name in a drop down menu. That way they will be notified that they have been mentioned so they won't miss your post Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the incident with your social worker. I also believe that meeting here was more than just a coincidence. Please Feel free to ask me anything you like. Btw I would never ask you or anyone else for that matter how much you weigh. There is so much more to people than that as far as I'm concerned. It's completely irrelevant to me. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to get to know you better.

@Leventia

Here goes with my first batch of questions

Do you work? 

What things make you happy?

Favourite food?

Favourite subject at school?

That will do for starters. Smiley Happy

@Jayneinpain 

Fantastic that's a great start. I'm currently employed as a graphic artist and landed the position by accident. I originally applied for a completely different position. I was fairly happy with the outcome though. 

Regarding what makes me happy I would definitely say helping others as I have a generous side and enjoy helping people. 

Favourite food is definitely a tough one to answer as the list of foods I enjoy is quite long and distinguished. In terms of take away I enjoy a well made woodfire pizza. I also enjoy dining out and having Asian and Greek food. Omg your question has given me an appetite,lol. 

My favourite subject at school was easily maths as it was something I picked up relatively easy. Legal studies and economics were also of interest to me. I have maintained an interest in economics and follow politics quite closely. Would love to hear what your answers are to the same questions.  

Thanks for pointing that out @Jupiter as I wasn't aware I could do that.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance